Here’s Lucy, happy to sit on Susan’s laptop. The mouse is showing no fear.
In early July we visited my parents at their home in the Drome. You can go there too La Lumiere – Drome-Provencale
- I choose to Detach an attachment from the email
- After the attachment has been detached Thunderbird offers to compress the Folder
- I agree to the compaction, which is performed
- Then the message appears to disappear
This has happened to me at least twice and both times it was when I was detaching Golf Society results.
- Go to the folder in which the message was
- Right click over the folder name
- Choose Properties…
- Click on Repair Folder
- Move the message from the Inbox to a target folder – where the message will be permanently saved
- Right click over each attachment and choose Detach
- Save file where you want
- With luck you won’t get prompted to Compact now