Some interesting problems with v1.3 of the DIY-oik WordPress plugin have now been fixed with v1.4, released on 5th January 2015. Continue reading
I’m investigating a problem reported on wordpress.org. When you use a DIY shortcode from diy-oik then the Share Buttons by AddToAny appear after each DIY shortcode.
The workaround is to disable AddToAny sharing and then use its shortcode.
Do It Yourself Do It Yourself
hover to slideToggle source
Some strange things happened recently. I’d been taking a backup of my desktop’s hard disk drives using my Seagate external drive because I thought I might need to attempt to recover a file from an earlier backup and safe is better than sorry.
- Tried system restore. Nothing.
- Tried an earlier date. Nothing
- So I had to make it work the hard way… I copied all required files from the Freecom drive to the desktop’s internal disks using FTP from my laptop.
- Reconfigured the internal drive’s letter to become what was the external drive’s letter
- Rebooted and got my local webserver working again
- So I was partially happy but the USB devices still didn’t work.
- Reinstalled HP drivers. Nothing.
- Fiddled about with the registry. Nothing.
- Hunted on the internet.
- Lo and behold I found a story from someone who had something similar. His solution.
TURN THE MACHINE OFF AND UNPLUG IT.