Thunderbird losing messages when compacting after Detach
I’m using Thunderbird 3.1.10
When the following happens, then the message that I was working on seems to disappear
- I choose to Detach an attachment from the email
- After the attachment has been detached Thunderbird offers to compress the Folder
- I agree to the compaction, which is performed
- Then the message appears to disappear
This has happened to me at least twice and both times it was when I was detaching Golf Society results.
I have now recovered from the problem. So thought I’d write this up.
- Go to the folder in which the message was
- Right click over the folder name
- Choose Properties…
- Click on Repair Folder
There might be an easier solution but this seems to work. Perhaps it’s because I don’t have auto compact on the target folder.
- Move the message from the Inbox to a target folder – where the message will be permanently saved
- Right click over each attachment and choose Detach
- Save file where you want
- With luck you won’t get prompted to Compact now
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.